Δευτέρα 11 Ιανουαρίου 2010

New Hair color !



I want to start off by saying that this dark brown colour in the picture is acctually my natural hair colour!
For the past 4 years my hair was ranging from medium blond to light brown with blond highlights. I hadn't been to a salon for ages, so a couple of days before new years eve i decided i wanted to go "Victoria Beckham blond".
So i went to the salon and showed the hairdresser a picture of Victoria Beckham having this beautiful medium ashy blond base with platinum blond thick highlights in the front.
2 and 1/2 hours later my hair couldnt be more far from what i had requested : in the back my hair was a burnt-orange colour and in the front it was a banana-yellow with stripes of greenish white!!!! I just couldn't believe i paid 120 euros to look like lion-king!
After a week of not-knowing-what-to-do-with-my-hair-color [i tried to come up with color combinations in clothing and makeup that would match the hair color-but no foundation color-eyeshadow-blush-clothing combo would fit in] i decided to go back to naturals and start from the scratch.
Since my hair had already been through a rough process of bleaching and color lifting i wanted the least damaging hair dye i could find in the market. Though i highly advise AGAINST do-it-yourself methods when it comes to dramatic hair-color changes i had no intention of paying another 40-50 euros in a salon since i knew that i wanted dark hair. So i went to my local drugstore and bought the "KORRES" hair color kit in shade 4N-Chestnut (N=natural shades) which is ammonia-free and enriched with active plants extracts. I went home, followed the instructions and...couldn't be more happy with the results!!! All this cheapy looking orange mess was gone and my hair was a uniformly rich brown color. Over the past week i have been washing my hair every other day and was surprised to see that the color didnt alter or fade. The kit also included a hair balsam to massage onto hair after washing out the dye that made my hair super shiny.

15 σχόλια:

  1. It looks great... but it does suck you paid that much only to be disappointed. :/

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. Great colour Maggie, it looks beautiful on you! I hate the fact that we have to pay as much as 120e (I did too last month) and for such short hair! You should do it yourself from now on: cheaper and way better! :)

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. Hello from Dubai...
    You are just GORGEOUS...
    Love your Videos and i Love your Country ...my husband was born in Athens.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  4. This color looks great on you! hello from a new follower (previously also youtube fan!!)

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  5. This color is beautiful. I also love your makeup look, your eyes are stunning (as usual) :)

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  6. you look gorgeous! what foundation do you use and love your smokey eye!!!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  7. beautiful!
    I also love your eye make up too! Could I ask what did you use?

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  8. I think Hair looks shiny and feels soft after using this color. I love this brand and color. I recommend it.

    Chestnut Hair Color

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή