Κυριακή 13 Δεκεμβρίου 2009

making videos is a tough job!

A lot of people ask me why i don't post videos more often.
Don't get me wrong...I love my youtube channel and every single one of my videos. BUT making a video is a process that requires a huuuge amount of time:

1.
you have to record the actual video footage . I need to have good lighting, which in my house translates as day light which means i have to move the furniture to get the table in front of the balkonydoor to get the laptop and all the stuff i need on top to start recording!! And since i am not a native english speaker, bloopers and brain-freeze moments are my thing!!!!

2. you have to edit the footage. It takes over an hour of editing to fit all the things you want into a 10-minute video, not to mention adding subtitles and annotiations!

3. you have to take pictures. In my makeup tutorials, i always take pics of the look i created the minute that i finish recording the video. I take 30 to 40 pics for each look.

4. you have to come down to 3 pics. Having to pick the correct 2 pics out of 40 is a total pain!


5. you have to publish the video. I'm using Windows Movie Maker to turn the footage+pics+subtitles+music into a video format which can take up to half an hour!


6. you have to upload the video. This step can also take from 30 mins to an hour to complete. I'm always crossing my fingers that youtube isn't going to block my video due to copyrighted music-because if that's the case i have to change the music and do all the publishing and uploading again!


STILL there is no more joy and satisfaction that i get when my video is finally up and even better when my beloved subscribers love it!


1 σχόλιο:

  1. It is a lot of work to make videos! That is why I had to stop, I have way to many other things to do. I loved making them but it just got to be to much. Can't wait to see your next one though!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή